Program: Global Investor Programme (GIP)
Start year: 2012
Time to residence: 48 months (approx.)
Investment minimum: SGD 2.5 million
Option A: new business entity or expansion of existing business operation
Option B: GIP-approved funds
Option Family Office: new Singapore-based single family office with at least SGD 200 million AUM
Investment holding period: 5 years (average)
PR: 6-12 months’ time from start of GIP process. The applicant is issued a Re-entry Permit for an initial 5 years.
– 3-year renewal: setup business with 5 or more Singaporean employees, incurring at least SGD 1 million in total business expenditure; or the applicant or one dependent have resided in Singapore for more than half the time.
– 5-year renewal: if setup business with 5 or more Singaporean employees, incurring at least SGD 1 million in total business expenditure; and if the applicant and dependents have resided in Singapore for more than half of the time.
Citizenship: A person living in Singapore as a permanent resident for at least 2 years may apply for citizenship. Should typically be physically present in Singapore at least 50% of the time. Applications for citizenship take about 12 months to process.
Eligible dependents: Spouse, children below age 21
- High quality of life destination
- Favorable tax jurisdiction
- Relatively fast path to PR/Citizenship